In Monigle’s recent Humanizing Brand Experience study, caring staff was the No. 1 factor for patients when trusting a healthcare organization. So how can we impact the way that staff feels about their place of employment? Start by dedicating more efforts to improving your internal brand experience.
In the constantly evolving and competitive world of healthcare, effective branding often goes beyond external marketing efforts. There is something to be said about the value of branding for internal audiences, namely staff members, as it plays a big role in enhancing staff morale and – in turn – influencing patient perception.
When was the last time you truly looked at the employee side of brand and experience? If it’s been a while, it’s time to fix that. It’s easy for us to lose focus on the big picture when we’re so honed in on just consumer needs. But a successful organization needs a solid foundation – and that starts with your employees.
So if your internal branding has taken a hit (or doesn’t even exist), here are six reasons why you need to make it a priority:
- Establishing a Clear Identity: By developing a strong brand identity, health systems can foster a sense of unity and purpose among staff. A well-defined brand includes the organization’s mission, values and unique qualities, providing employees with a shared vision. This level of consistency and clarity helps staff members align their efforts, leading to improved morale and job satisfaction.
- Inspiring Staff Engagement: An effective brand strategy engages employees by creating a sense of pride and ownership. By involving staff members in the branding process and communicating the brand’s core values and objectives, healthcare organizations empower their teams. Engaged employees are more likely to deliver high-quality care as they feel connected to the organization’s purpose and take pride in their roles.
- Enhancing Internal Communication: Internal communication allows for consistent messaging across various departments and locations, ensuring that all staff members are well-informed and in the loop. When a well-implemented internal communication strategy is executed from the top down, it strengthens teamwork, encourages collaboration and reduces potential misunderstandings, which results in a more harmonious work environment.
- Attracting and Retaining Top Talent: A strong brand image can positively impact an organization’s ability to attract and retain talented healthcare professionals. In an industry where competition for skilled staff is fierce, a positive brand reputation can differentiate one healthcare organization from another.
- Influencing Patient Perception: The formula is simple, happy employees = happy customers. In the case of healthcare organizations, happy staff members = happy patients. When staff members are aligned with the organization’s values and provide care in a supportive and engaging environment, patients are more likely to have positive experiences.
- Create a Culture of Excellence: A well-executed brand strategy fosters a culture of excellence within a healthcare organization. When employees feel valued and connected to the organization’s mission, they are inspired to go the extra mile to deliver exceptional care. This culture of excellence not only improves patient outcomes but enhances the overall reputation of the organization.
At Wax, we know that investing in internal branding efforts is worthwhile and yields long-term benefits, ultimately contributing to the success of the organization as a whole. Learn more about how we can help your organization with their marketing and branding efforts. Get in touch today!