The About Us section is one of the most visited pages on a business’s website. If you don’t believe it, check out your Google Analytics account and see for yourself. Odds are that it’s pretty close to the top in terms of traffic.
With that said, you should put a lot of thought into this page. The About Us section shouldn’t just be about selling your facility or hospital. It should show authority and confidence without appearing desperate.
Here are a few ways to enhance this all-important page:
- Use it to show credibility. That means including testimonials from existing or previous patients on your page. If you can get video from a patient that backs up the testimonial, then your message will be even more powerful.
- Visuals are key. Humans are visual people. By showing them a video or photo with the copy, you’ll keep their attention – which increases your chance for conversion.
- Make sure to include awards and accreditations. When people are looking at healthcare facilities, they often look at accreditations and awards. These accolades help calm their nerves, as these show them and their loved ones that they are in good hands. Proving that you are the best at what you do can play a significant role in patient acquisition.
- Accuracy is essential. You should always back up your statements. The last thing you want to do is say something that would make people distrust your brand; people like honesty. Now in the world of social media, people can look through your “white lies” very quickly.
- Put contact information at the forefront. You’d be surprised how many websites make it difficult for a user to get contact information such as a phone number or email address. You may have the best About Us page in the world, but it’s meaningless if your prospects can’t find an easy way to contact you.
Website optimization is extremely important in 2015 – especially when it comes to content. For more information on how to optimize your healthcare facility’s About Us page, contact Wax Custom Communications at 305-350-5700 or visit waxcom.com.